Saturday, June 21, 2008

Fun in Alaska

Alan Macey and I spent the last few weeks in Gustavus Alaska at Alan's house. We had a great time hanging out with Alan's parents, Aunt Marsha and Aunt Susanne. We also enjoyed fishing, kayaking, bike riding, and watching the wildlife. It's great to be married to an Alaskan! Below are a ton of pictures of some of the fun things we did. Here's Alan working on reeling up a big fish...I think it was a 100+ pounder!
Here are the Halibut Alan, the Aunts, and I caught. The one on the left is about 200 pounds, that is one big fish! Let's just say we were a bit warn out after reeling in that baby!
This is a picture of Alan's parent's boat "Alaskan Dream"

6 comments:

jen and michael said...

I'm jealous Lisa, Alan wouldn't even take me fishing. I guess you have the inside lane. Glad you were able to catch one too! Hope it was bigger than Alan's.

Mike and Nicole said...

Wow, that looks like so much fun! I really want to go fishing in Alaska now. I love halibut and salmon. It looks like you guys had tons of fun up there. Macey is getting so big and is so adorable! I love the picture of her and and Alan where she's looking up at the camera and grinning.

Unknown said...

That was a sweet movie. Jason and I had a laugh; however, Annabelle didn't witness due to the rating and graphic nature. Looks like you guys are having a super fun time. We found out that there are three internships that Jason could have a chance at his fourth year so we are seriously thinking about spending three months there in three years. Fun fun.

Kelli said...

Macey is sure getting big. What a cutie. I think she looks a lot like you, Lisa. Alaska looked like a ton of fun except for bears walking through your yard!!

Robin said...

It is so beautiful up there! And those fish are huge! I would be afraid it could pull you in...So we are moving from Denver to tri-cities. So don't move to Denver, move to tri-cities.

shanda said...

Lisa,
I love looking at your blog. my blog is familykearns.blogspot.com. Luv ya,
shanda