Friday, June 19, 2009

Did I tell you we planted a garden?

Well we did! Just down the road from us is a community garden. We decided to try our hand at it, but have been struggling a bit. Our plants just don't seem to be growing at the same rate as everyone else s around us. I think we need to water more. We're going to try that! Even though it's just down the road it's hard to get there everyday and water. Plus Macey likes to pull the plants she sees, as well as touch all the mud that happens as a result of watering. Some of the things we planted are, tomatoes, squash, carrots, peas, watermelon, and peppers.

Here are a few pictures from the day we planted everything.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey guys-

We're doing the community garden thing too. We found a few things that really helped, call us up or email sometimes and we'll spill the beans.

-Jason

Auntie Ange said...

Yeah Gardening! I have a garden too, but like you, my platns aren't growing very fast. It's at my friends house so I think the watering things is the problem too. You'd think that wouldn't be a problem in Alaska, but it's been very warm lately! It's fun to dig in the dirt though...I think Macey would agree.